Position Title: Programmer Analyst (COBOL Experience)
Location: Baltimore, MD
Hours: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM
1. Provide functional support for enterprise systems users, including Tier II support to enterprise systems users as requested by the IT Help Desk.
2. Apply best practice analytical and problem-solving skills to resolve enterprise systems issues, identifying, recommending and implementing improvements in system automation and efficiency.
3. Identify opportunities to implement functionality available within Colleague and other applications to enhance business processes through gains in efficiency and effectiveness, and to leverage IT investments.
4. Collaborate with internal partners, IT, and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, recommend, and implement solutions.
5. Apply and develop expertise in major business areas of the College; in performing standards-based, proven models for business process analysis and re-engineering; and in ERP architecture and interfaces as appropriate to support the business of the College.
6. Work with project managers, as appropriate, to determine workload requirements, providing analytic, process, and testing support on enterprise systems projects.
7. Provide support and recommendations to the Enterprise Systems governance process, supporting Colleague systems specialists and module custodians, and systems integration and interface activities
8. Serve as an internal consultant, reviewer, and, where appropriate approver of Colleague development and system automation projects, participating in the development of programming standards
9. Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of normal schedule as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other duties as assigned. Usual Physical Demands: Employee regularly sits while working on computers, and occasionally stands, walks,
ERP software environments, web services, secure coding practices, version control, application support, customer care principles, supporting software environments, project management practices, team development.
Skill in: software development, applying new technology to business applications; verbal and written communications; planning, scheduling and organizing work, following a development schedule.
Ability to: apply computer science practices to software development; develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, vendors, students and other job contacts; handle multiple task and projects; adapt to continuing technological changes; maintain confidential and sensitive information.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Systems, Information Technology, research, statistics, finance or other closely related field of study with at least three years analysis and research experience in a field directly related to the functional assignment. State Motor Vehicle Operator’s License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
Preferred Qualifications: Three or more years of experience at an academic institution. Previous experience working in a higher education setting supporting administrative offices such as Admissions, Registrar’s, Financial Aid, Accounting and/or Business Office.
This position will pay 20.00 to 35.00/hour, depending on experience.