Position Title: IT Project Manager
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Chief Technology Officer
Location: Washington, DC (NW)
Status: Direct Hire, Full time, Exempt
- Act as a liaison between business personnel, vendor partners and internal technical resources to build partnerships and maintain cohesive relationships.
- Ensure end users can access applications.
- Act as a liaison between Chief Technology Officer and the end user employees (approximately 150) , leveraging the data the IT team extrapolates while also overseeing the selection and implementation of software programs and hardware resources.
- Assume responsibility for project tasks and ensure they are completed within deadlines.
- Compile and distribute reports on application development and deployment.
- Plan, facilitate and execute system / functional testing and UAT for projects and enhancements.
- Work with architects to design IT infrastructure for short term leases.
- Manage and oversee third party vendors.
- Improve business processes by studying current practices, identifying areas of opportunity, and proposing design modifications to current hardware and software systems.
- Consult with the executive team and the IT department on the newest technology and its implications in the industry.
- Ensure adherence to security best practices and controls.
- Provide first-level support and troubleshooting for system challenges and problems associated with business applications as well as general IT problems.
- Plan and facilitate workshops with a variety of techniques to identify and validate requirements with IT and business stakeholders, as well as educate the end users in new IT solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Minimum two years relevant IT experience.
- Working knowledge of a variety of technologies and platforms, including legacy midrange, client / server, SAAS services, Networks and IT Security.
- Strong understanding of IT infrastructure.
- Hand on experience manage multiple, concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Exceptional communication, teamwork and leadership skills that foster a collaborative and continuous-improvement environment.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge in ERP applications to include JD Edwards, Yardi, MRI, Nexus, Avalara and /or Argus preferred.
- Experience gathering and documenting complex system requirements, technical specifications, and developing detailed system diagrams.
- Experience with SQL and SharePoint.
- Proactive attitude and team player with a desire to learn and eagerness to participate in the success of the company.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education. Excellent benefits offered with generous PTO plan. Tuition reimbursement and bonus opportunity.