Position Title: Property Manager
Industry: Commercial Property Management
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Direct hire, Full time
The Property Manager will oversee the daily operations of the property management process, including the implementation of budgets and the most effective utilization of resources for each property assigned. This rolle will direct activities of employees engaged in operating and maintaining the facilities and equipment in office buildings.
- Directly supervise property management and maintenance staff and carry out the supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Oversee the daily maintenance, upkeep and conditions of assigned commercial properties.
- Prepare comprehensive monthly financial reports.
- Interacts with clients, customers, and maintenance teams in an engaging manner.
- Plan and coordinate tenant functions.
- Oversee building and/or tenant construction projects.
- Obtain bids for additional work from outside contractors.
- Direct contracted projects to verify adherence to all specifications.
- Purchase building and maintenance supplies, equipment and furniture.
- Plan and administer property level budgets.
- Compile records of labor and material cost for operating building.
- Issue cost reports to owners or managing agents.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; preferably in Business, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum four years relative experience in commercial property management, either as an Assistant Property Manager or Property Manager.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Outlook; MRI is preferred.
- Ability to promote teamwork among employees in order to accomplish goals.
- Strong leadership skills with prior supervisory experience.
- Project management experience.
- Certified Property Manager Certificate and/or RPA Certificate preferred.
- Current Real Estate License an asset.
Free parking. Metro accessible. Excellent benefits offered. Competitive salary commensurate with experience, education and training.