Position Title: Residential Maintenance Engineer
Industry: Multifamily Residential Property Management
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Status: Full Time
- Guarantee expeditious completion of all maintenance requests and apartment turnovers, assuring property maintenance remains in compliance with Virginia Landlord Tenant Laws.
- Complete assigned work order requests and abide by the make-ready schedule
- Assist with shop inventory, ensuring that all necessary parts are ordered in a timely fashion and are in stock in time to complete work requests within 48 hours.
- Conduct daily follow-up calls for closed service requests.
- Remain in accordance with Federal Fair Housing and Landlord Tenant Laws.
- Maintain mold logs, snow removal logs, refrigerant usage logs, and MSDS sheets.
- Maintain accurate records regarding preventative maintenance, annual apartment inspections, move-out inspections, pre-move-in inspections, make-ready checklists, and other reports as requested by management.
- Maintain vendor relationships, and conduct continuous follow-up on scheduled requests.
- Direct all property/grounds upkeep, preventative care, and maintenance service efforts.
- Complete all assigned maintenance tasks on vacant apartment within 5 business days.
- Acknowledge and perform minor/routine maintenance repairs throughout the property on a daily basis such as trash removal, grocery cart return, light fixture damages, bulb replacements, wall damages, etc.
- Ensure locks are changed and new keys are made following every move-out.
- Utilize and manage MRI Workspeed “tasks” for Preventative Maintenance items.
- Comply with all OSHA regulations and any applicable laws regarding health, safety, or working environment.
- Ensure building lights are working properly.
- Verify all locks and doors secure properly.
- Ensure all tools and property equipment are in excellent condition, and are operating as intended.
- Identify all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs; prepare maps for each location.
- Maintain a positive and upbeat demeanor with outstanding customer service to tenants and vendors.
- Minimum three years previous maintenance experience in residential / multi-family property management.
- CFC Certification required.
- Intermediate skills in performing HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and appliance repairs.
- Experience with Entrata and MRI Workspeed preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend both ladder wiring diagrams / HVAC schematics and have the capability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on both residential and commercial units.
- Knowledge of risk management, OSHA, and MSDS.
- Experience with Fire Suppression / life-safety equipment.
- Knowledge of both wet/dry systems as well as Honeywell CO detection systems.
- Must have some knowledge of Fire Control panels and Annunciations.
- Familiarity with electronic gate systems, pumps, and motors.
- Intermediate experiential knowledge of energy-efficient appliances, both troubleshooting and repair.
- Familiarity with drywall work, painting, caulking, and basic carpentry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge and understanding of Fair Housing and Landlord/Tenant laws.
- Ability to work on-call for one week, every six weeks.
- Must have reliable transportation and have the ability to travel between sites and respond to on-call/after-hour emergencies within 45 minutes.
- Capable of occasionally lifting, pushing, pulling, or transporting 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to move around property sites, which includes climbing stairs and ladders.
Excellent benefits offered including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, free parking and competitive salary.