Position Title: Senior Billing Analyst – Legal
Location: Washington, DC
Industry: Law Firm / Legal Services
Status: Direct Hire; Non-Exempt
Work Hours: 9:00AM – 5:30PM, Monday – Friday
- Responsible for the Firm’s billing functions including all activities necessary to produce and distribute proformas and final invoices for each assigned attorney.
- Communicate regularly with the Senior Billing Manager concerning all functions of their daily responsibilities.
- Process proformas, finalize invoices, and run pertinent reports in adherence to the Firm’s policy.
- Work with attorneys and clients on desired presentation of the invoices.
- Analyze and resolve work problems and assist team members as needed.
- Coordinate all the functions necessary to produce proformas according to Department procedures.
- Use proper internal control procedures to ensure the following: report queues are established for each assigned attorneys; report queues are established for necessary reports to accompany the proforma package, and proformas and reports are distributed promptly.
- Review proformas and prepare final invoices including any relevant client requested back-up. Obtain appropriate approvals.
- Coordinate all functions related to e-billing.
- Serve as back up to Senior Billing Manager.
- Minimum seven years legal billing experience is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business related field with applicable accounting courses is an asset.
- Minimum five years experience with law firm billing software; minimum 3 years with Elite Enterprise.
- E-billing experience is required, with e-Billing Hub experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work quickly and accurately under deadlines.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience and education. Excellent benefits offered and generous PTO plan.