Position Title: Senior Data Analyst
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Industry: Healthcare Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
This is a technical and administrative position responsible for the development and maintenance of the information reporting systems for the Company. This involves the development of applications, required documents, stored procedures, SSRS reports, and input into long-range planning for the enhancement, upgrade or change in reporting information systems. Employee will be responsible for developing reports, assisting the data analysts and management. Employee will be responsible for the management of all aspects of the SQL Servers including SSRS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Develop web-based and desktop applications as identified and needed
– Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
– Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
– Develop data model describing data elements and how they are used, following procedures and using pen, template or computer software.
– Develop methods for integrating different products so they work properly together, such as customizing commercial databases to fit specific needs.
– Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
– Develop reference and workflow documents for documentation purposes.
– Revise agency definition of data as defined in data dictionary.
– Identify and evaluate industry trends in database systems to serve as a source of information and advice for the Informatics Director and/or Chief Information Officer.
– Researches new methods of system and communication management and recommends to the Informatics Director any new equipment or software needed to provide the most efficient and cost effective MIS operation.
– Will assist with creating reports, data mining and data management.
– Responds to tickets from the KACE System when appropriate and records the problems and solutions in the KACE System.
– Trains MIS team members in the procedures necessary to access data stored on the SQL servers.
– Education/Experience: Requires a four-year degree. Requires a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a database management or database reporting-related field.
– Recent experience with SQL databases or report development (Analytical, Visual Studio and /or SSRS) is highly preferred.
– Prefer some experience with the following: healthcare claims environment and reporting development, demonstrated experience in n-tier and web-based system development and support with strong technical knowledge in the specialized areas of application system programming, including software and tools including; SQL Server 2008 R2 or above, SQL, TFS (Team Foundation Server), Source Control, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, Visual Studio BIDS, Visual Studio 2008 or above, ASP.NET, C# (or Visual Basic), MicroSoft IIS and MicroSoft .NET framework2.0 or above.
– Certifications: Microsoft data systems certifications such as SQL server, BI, or Azure is a plus.
– Knowledge of:
1. MS SQL Server operating systems knowledge
2. Networking, data communications, mini-computers, micro-computers and related equipment are necessary
3. Problem solving skills and good communication skills.
4. Indexes, index management, and statistics
5. Backups, restores and recovery models
6. Implementing operational automation using scripts
– Skills / Ability:
1. Translate and communicate highly technical concepts to both technical personnel and non-IT business users
2. Develop relationships/partnerships with customer by responding to needs and exhibiting a sense of urgency, independently identify options, develop solutions and take action when responding to customer needs
3. Organize, prioritize, and follow complex and/or detailed technical procedures
4. Work independently and perform job with minimal supervision
5. Demonstrated skill in preparing implementation plans to multiple platforms.
6. Diagnose software problems.
7. Keep up with quickly changing technology is necessary.
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive Salary; Approximately 55,000-65,000/annually, depending on experience
– Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance – Employer Paid for Full-time Employees
– Generous Vacation and Sick Leave
– Paid Holidays
– Flex Spending Accounts
– Retirement Plan