Position Title: Senior Food Buyer
Location: Alexandria, VA
Status: Full time
The Sr. Buyer will play an integral role within the Purchasing Department. Key responsibilities include procuring raw and perishable materials, managing stock levels and maintaining supplier relationships. Candidate should be familiar with lean manufacturing practices.
- Perform sourcing and purchasing of at least $50 million in raw materials and equipment by developing and maintaining worldwide supply sources for premium food manufacturing.
- Participate in the research and development of product specifications to meet product requirements.
- Professionally negotiate agreements and contracts with suppliers and vendors.
- Manage vendor relationships and expedite delivery schedules.
- Process purchase orders and related documents.
- Prepare purchase orders and/or bids.
- Reduce cost of materials without compromising quality.
- Communicate with all levels of management and prepare detailed management reports.
- Maintain primary and secondary vendor supply options.
- Review invoices for payment.
- Minimum 3 years experience sourcing for raw materials that include beef, chicken, seafood, turkey and/or lamb at the corporate level.
- Experience negotiating prices, terms, and contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience with commodity price risks.
- Culinary experience is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Free parking, excellent benefits and 401K offered.