Position Title: Senior IP Patent Docketing Coordinator
Industry: Law Firm
Report to: IP Patent Docketing and Technology Manager
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full time, Direct hire
- Perform docketing functions of domestic and foreign patent prosecution for a large intellectual property law practice.
- Provide daily supervision of assigned docketing staff, ensuring compliance with assigned work hours and monitoring for compliance with all Firm and departmental policies.
- Keep IP Patent Docketing and Technology Manager apprised of all staff performance problems and provide documentation for any discussion conducted with docketing staff relating to their performance.
- Troubleshoot docketing problems, research docketing errors, and answer questions from assigned docketing staff.
- Act as primary conduit of information for assigned docketing staff on new department procedures.
- Work with the IP Patent Docketing and Technology Manager in the hiring of new department staff.
- Provide new employees with detailed training on the use of the docketing software.
- Train new employees on overall department policies and procedures, including any client or attorney-specific procedures.
- Manage clearance of the final docket each day, ensuring that all items receive a response before the close of business.
- Assign and monitor docketing aspects of file intakes, file internal transfers, transfers out, and other docketing projects.
- Perform quality review of docketing items.
- Act as backup for the IP Patent Docketing and Technology Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Related work experience may be used in lieu of formal education.
- Minimum ten years patent docketing experience using a computerized docketing system. (Patricia experience preferred)
- Advanced foreign patent docketing experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education. Excellent company paid benefits, 401k and easily Metro accessible in NW DC.