Senior O&M Technician
Charlotte, North Carolina
Currently seeking a Senior O&M Technician for an opportunity with a Renewable Energy Firm in North Charlotte, NC. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of electrical experience, ideally maintaining PV Systems.
Responsibilities of the Senior O&M Technician:
– Responsible for the preventative and corrective maintenance of commercial solar projects, including Photovoltaic (PV) inverters, combiner boxes, solar panels and other components.
– Responsible for troubleshooting electrical and control equipment faults.
– Replace and/or install hardware, PV modules, inverters, monitoring equipment and any other component within the solar site.
– Assists in developing standard procedures for operations and maintenance.
– Prepare reports, if needed to comply with deliverables in O&M contracts.
– Assist in all areas of preventative and corrective maintenance as directed by manager with minimal supervision.
– Attend training sessions on equipment as provided by the manufacturer and approved by manager.
– Develops operating procedures for equipment to ensure consistent safe operation.
– Trains and develops other employees in performing preventive maintenance and routine equipment service activities.
– Use of equipment and resources in accordance with instructions provided by the company.
– Adherence to Company policies, quality, environmental health and safety policies.
– Actively engages in all Quality Assurance / Quality Control (QA/QC) aspects on-site.
– Assists in requisitioning parts and supplies, including commissioning activities during construction.
Requirements of the Senior O&M Technician:
– At least 5+ years of electrical knowledge / training experience.
– Ability to read and comprehend electrical and mechanical schematics, technical manuals, procedures and regulations.
– Experience in installing, maintaining and troubleshooting PV Systems highly preferred.
– PV System site inspection experience preferred.
– Must have strong organization, communication, analytical, planning and customer service skills.
– Must be flexible, be able to adapt to new situations, have self-control and have high integrity.
– Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
– May perform required travel for extended periods at a time.
– Must have flexibility to work during weekends and be available for on-call, as needed.
Compensation and Benefits Summary of the Senior O&M Technician:
– Competitive salary, commensurate with education and experience.
– Medical, dental and vision insurance.
– Generous 401(k) retirement plan.
– Strong company culture, mission and values.