Social Security Disability Attorney
Charlotte, North Carolina
Currently recruiting for an experienced Social Security Disability Attorney to join a growing Personal Injury Law Firm in Charlotte, NC. The ideal candidate will have a background in Social Security Disability law and be licensed in North Carolina.
Responsibilities of the Social Security Attorney:
– Review all new cases & intakes and make the final decision as to which cases are accepted.
– Represent clients through all stages of the federal disability process, with primary focus on representing clients at SSD Hearings.
– Prepare on the record requests, pre-hearing briefs, and appellate briefs when necessary.
– Determine which hearing denials to appeal to the Appeals Council.
– Contact client to discuss hearing decisions and appeal options, as necessary.
– Handle all client complaint calls and field general question calls.
– Ensure all appeal deadlines are met.
– Confirm all relevant medical records have been requested; review and approve records.
– Follow up on outstanding fees; collect and provide fees to accounting for deposit.
Requirements of the Social Security Disability Attorney:
– Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school.
– Must be currently licensed in North Carolina.
– 5 years’ experience in social security law.
– Must have passion for client service.
– Ability to build strong relationships, manage multiple priorities and lead others.
– Experience using Needles or other CRM software preferred.
– Licensed in South Carolina and / or Georgia helpful.
– Experience in Personal Injury and / or Workers’ Compensation law helpful.
Compensation for the Social Security Disability Attorney:
– Salary is commensurate with experience.
– Generous health benefits package.
– Life and disability insurance.
– 401(k) retirement plan.
– Work Hours: 8:30AM-5:00PM.