Social Security Paralegal – Charlotte, North Carolina
Position Title: Social Security Paralegal Location: Charlotte, North Carolina Industry: Law Firm Work Hours: 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Responsibilities Summary: – Responsible for handling day to day paralegal and case management activities, including but not limited to, client contacts, hearing preparation, filing of appeals, contacting the Social Security Administration and other professional organizations such as the Department of Social Services.
– Education: AA degree in Business or related field or equivalent and relevant work experience.
– At least 2+ years of Social Security experience in a legal environment.
– Working knowledge of Needles system a plus.
– Proficiency working with Microsoft Office Suite.
– Bilingual in Spanish and English is helpful, not required.
– Strong desire to work with people.
– Pleasant telephone voice and etiquette.
– Attention to detail.
– Ability to multi-task.
– Ability to diffuse, recognize and offer problem resolution to irate clients.
– Good listening skills and compassion.
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive salary.
– Generous health benefits package.
– Life and disability insurance.
– 401(k) retirement plan.
– Company perks including yoga, gym membership, and more.