Position Title: Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Location: Columbia, MD
Status: Full time, Direct hire
Industry: Federal Government Contractor
- Manage and oversee all recruiting for the company. Develop effective lead times and processes for timely position closure.
- Conduct recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt employees. Create, proofread and update position descriptions and post to various job boards.
- Prescreen and interview candidates; conduct reference checks, extend job offers, conduct new employee orientations, and create and monitor career path programs.
- Supervise and mentor HR Assistant.
- Perform employee relations counseling.
- Schedule and conduct exit interviews.
- Assist with developing best practices for recruiting, provide assistance on critical needs and coordinate job fairs as necessary.
- Establish and develop departmental goals, objectives and systems.
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for HR oversight and development. (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, counseling and conditions, contracts, training and development, succession planning, morale and motivation, culture development, performance appraisal and quality management issues)
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures; maintain and update employee handbook on policies and procedures.
- Conduct annual salary surveys; analyze compensation, monitor the performance evaluation program and revise as necessary.
- Oversee benefits administration, implement wellness programs, incentive programs, and assist staff with claims resolution.
- Serve as HRMS System Administrator. Responsible for onboarding and off boarding employees through HRMS in compliance with supporting policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend training meetings and seminars.
- Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Oversee 401k Administration including annual testing, monthly funding, and audits.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. (Preferably in Human Resources Management or Business Administration)
- Minimum three years relative Human Resources expertise in recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, employee relations and HR administration.
- HR supervisory experience is required.
- Strong leadership skills; able to lead by example.
- Exceptional customer/client service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced skills with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
Excellent benefits offered (health, vision, dental, life, STD, LTD and 401k). Salary is commensurate with experience, education, and training