Position Title: Sr. Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Location: McLean, VA
Status: Full time, Direct Hire
Sr. HR Generalist Position Summary:
- Perform benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits and 401k information to employees.
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; update and maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Administer the compensation program; monitor performance evaluation program, as well as annual goal setting process, and revise as necessary.
- Assist with recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel.
- Perform all onboarding and conduct new employee orientation.
- Assist with employee relations counseling.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and safety trainings.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and services performed.
- Track and maintain HR information and compile reports from database.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Provide high-quality advice and service to management on daily employee relations and performance management issues.
- Support the HR department in implementing programs to help improve the employee experience.
- Manage employee recognition and appreciation programs.
- Prepare termination and severance letters.
- Oversee company vehicle administration and compliance; on board new drivers, oversee vehicle logs, mileage and assist with new vehicle purchases, licensing, etc.
- Minimum three years relative Human Resources Generalist experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; PHR Certification an asset.
- Employee benefits administration, employee relations and recruiting experience required.
- Excellent time management and ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Internal client-focused attitude with high level of professionalism and discretion.
- Demonstrated knowledge and competence in HR statutory and regulatory requirements.
- A strong communicator and highly collaborative with exceptional relationship management skills.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Excellent benefits offered. Free parking in Tysons. Generous PTO plan, 401k, profit sharing, casual attire and many other advantages.