Position Title: Staff Accountant
Industry: Real Estate
Location: Bethesda, MD
Status: Direct Hire, Full time
- Prepare and analyze monthly Project Loan draws to assess total budget, approved project changes, and percentage of project completion.
- Submit loans draws to the Project Manager, Senior Partners, and Creditors for approval and funding.
- Responsible for processing invoices associated with commercial and residential development to ensure timely completion of projects and lasting rapport with vendors.
- Actively manage the weekly disbursement of funds to cover the company’s outstanding accounts payables.
- Manage all accounts payable and cash transaction documentation, creating an organized work flow and filing systems that ensure seamless operations and retrieval.
- Prepare, retrieve, and compile support documentation for auditors during tax season.
- Act as a company liaison to respond to service providers and vendors with inquiries regarding payments, including reconciling accounts if necessary.
- Maintain detailed and accurate records of all current vendors to guarantee proper payment is issued.
- Assist finance department by completing monthly bank reconciliations to verify company’s financial records match those of the bank statements.
- 1099 Maintenance and annual filing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Minimum one year relative accounting experience to include accounts payables and account reconciliation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills with a customer service focus and the ability to manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
- Highly skilled with Excel, Word and Outlook applications.
- Experience with Yardi a plus.
- Ability to work effectively within assigned deadlines.
Free parking in downtown Bethesda. Excellent benefits offered. Approximately 50,000 – 55,000 annually.