Position Title: Structural Engineer
Industry: Solar Energy
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina (Lake Norman Area)
Currently seeking a Structural Engineer for a Solar Energy Firm in the North Charlotte area. The ideal candidate will have worked as a Structural Engineer within the Solar Industry and have a Civil Engineering Degree.
Position Summary for the Structural Engineer:
– Responsible for calculation of shear, slip, and load designs (per AISC and AISI requirements).
– Utilization of creativity to accomplish client needs using RISA and other structural software.
– Responsible for proofing prints for all commercial projects.
– Determine and prepare seismic calculations to ensure the integrity and compliance of the photovoltaic mounting systems.
– Produce required structural analysis documentation for the approval of solar permits.
– Interfaces with suppliers during the definition of equipment scope and throughout project execution.
– Responding to technical inquiries received from customer.
– Responsible for Bills of material review.
– Represent the company at various trade shows and vendor manufacturing facilities throughout the country.
Qualifications Summary for the Structural Engineer:
– At least five years of experience with Structural Engineering and Design.
– At least two years experience with beam and column member design required.
– Previous Structural Engineering experience in the Solar Industry required.
– Previous experience with structural calculations such as shear and slip design required.
– At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required.
– Knowledge and familiarity with ASCE7, AISI, AISC and other relevant design standards required.
– Preferred FEA experience.
– PE License Preferred.
– Previous Managerial experience preferred.
– Foundation design such as wide flange, Drilled Shafts, Spread Footing and Ground screws preferred.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
– Must be familiar with Structural Analysis and Load Calculations.
– Knowledge of RISA or equivalent software.
– Must be well-organized with good analytical skills; excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Ability to take initiative and be direct.
– Critical thinker, self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy,and outgoing.
Benefits and Travel Summary for the Structural Engineer:
Salary to commensurate with experience. Medical, Vision, Dental and PTO offered; 401k following thirty days of employment.
Willing to consider candidates outside of Charlotte, NC that are able to relocate on their own accord.
The position will require occasional overnight travel to solar installation sites, trade shows, and vendor manufacturing facilities.