Position Title: Structural Engineer II
Industry: Solar Energy
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina (Lake Norman Area)
– Responsible for calculation of shear, slip, and load designs (per AISC and AISI requirements).
– Utilization of creativity to accomplish client needs using RISA and other structural software.
– Responsible for proofing prints for all commercial projects.
– Responding to technical inquiries received from customer.
– Responsible for Bills of material review.
– Represent the company at various trade shows and vendor manufacturing facilities throughout the country.
– At least two years of experience with Structural Engineering and Design.
– At least two years experience with beam and column member design required.
– Previous experience with structural calculations such as shear and slip design required.
– At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering required.
– Knowledge and familiarity with ASCE7, AISI, AISC and other relevant design standards required.
– Preferred FEA experience.
– Foundation design such as wide flange, Drilled Shafts, Spread Footing and Ground screws preferred.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
– Must be familiar with Structural Analysis and Load Calculations.
– Familiar with design specific to the Solar Industry.
– Knowledge of RISA or equivalent software.
– Must be well-organized with good analytical skills; excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Ability to take initiative and be direct.
– Critical thinker, self-motivated, reliable, trustworthy,and outgoing.
Benefits and Travel Summary:
Salary to commensurate with experience. Medical, Vision, Dental and PTO offered; 401k following thirty days of employment.
The position will require occasional overnight travel to solar installation sites, trade shows, and vendor manufacturing facilities.