Charlotte, North Carolina
Position Summary for the System Administrator:
The System Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and strategic decisions for IT systems (maintenance, security, and continued improvement of software, hardware, service, voice and data network infrastructure).
– Determine the organization’s network and computer system needs on an ongoing basis.
– Supports End Users with troubleshooting problems in Windows 10 and Server 2016 VDI environments.
– Supports users connecting via Citrix Xen Desktop and/or Xen App.
Install network hardware and software and make needed upgrades and repairs.
Maintain network and computer system security and ensure all systems are operating correctly.
– Must be able to work directly on the IT systems to maintain service, and adjust configurations where needed for improvements or new services.
– Collect and utilize data in order to evaluate and optimize network or system performance.
Responsible for assisting with and participating in training for IT staff.
– Train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
Interpret and solve problems when a user or an automated monitoring system alerts them that one exists.
– Serve as key contact and escalation point for IT systems.
– Act as subject matter expert for in-use and upcoming technologies for managers in other departments, and a referral point for those departments to other SMEs.
– Assist sales and implementation staff in communicating with potential clients and new clients.
– Maintain relationships with key client IT contacts.
– Manage relationships with vendors for IT procurement and critical services (voice, data, hardware and software technology)
Qualifications Summary for the System Administrator:
– At least 5+ years of prior experience in the fields of IT support and/or operations, including best practices with:
– Cisco network and voice hardware.
– Microsoft Office 365.
– Project Management.
– Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 (R2).
– Installation, configuration and maintenance.
– Familiarity with troubleshooting techniques within the Windows server environment.
Microsoft Active Directory.
– Familiarity with Active Directory Domain Services roles and features.
– VMware vSphere.
– Familiarity ESXi, vSphere and vCenter hosts.
– Familiarity with concepts of virtual infrastructure, networking and storage.
– Strong knowledge of high availability VMWare environments with 5+ years of managing site to site replication.
– Strong experience with MPLS networks, Cisco switches and routers.
– 2+ years’ experience with Meraki Access Points, switches, firewalls is a plus.
Experience with colocation data centers.
– Position requires at least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Computer Science, MIS). A combination of education, experience, and relevant certifications may be considered. CCNA and MCSA.
– Ability to communicate effectively with others in a friendly and professional manner. Good listening skills and tact are essential.
– Must show initiative and good judgment, and possess the ability to concentrate in an environment of multiple demands and distractions.
– Must demonstrate flexibility and responsiveness in rapidly changing situations.
– Must possess skills of a detail oriented, well-organized, self-motivated, problem solver.
– Must be able to work independently, as part of a team, and as a leader.
– This position requires the ability to keep confidentiality in all situations.
Salary and Benefits Summary for the System Administrator:
– Salary is commensurate with experience.
– Medical, dental and vision insurance.
– Long & short-term disability.
– Matching 401K and generous paid time off.
– Health savings accounts & flexible spending accounts.
– Employee assistance programs offered.