Position Title: Systems Administrator
Location: Columbia, MD
Hours: 9-5, first shift, M-F
Sets up, configures, and supports Microsoft windows operating systems, Microsoft Office suite of applications, and other windows based applications including all patch and service pack levels. Develops, monitors and maintains the corporate email systems, user group security policies and configurations. Maintains inventory of all software licensing. Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Provides technical support and guidance to users. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures using Microsoft operating systems, application suites and tools.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery, back-up procedures, and information security and control structures.
- Able to provide 3rd level helpdesk support for all products and services listed above.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves software, network (VPN), server (Citrix), mobile, website portal, database and hardware questions and problems.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Able to install, maintain and troubleshoot Active Directory 2003.
- Able to install, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
- Able to install, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Domains and Domain controllers.
- Able to implement Microsoft group policies.
- Able to reconcile Microsoft and other software licenses.
- Install and maintains EDI process and systems.
- Supports Windows, Virtualization, Voice Over IP, Microsoft Dynamics and Active Directory.
- Completes technical projects by coordinating resources and timetables with other AWF departments and 3rd party vendors.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing IT publications and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Supports users in multiple locations by providing training in the utilization of the various applications.
Successful candidate must be a non-smoker. The client offers a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision and life insurance, profit bonus, paid time off and matching 401(k).
Minimum 3 years of experience as a Microsoft System Administrator
Microsoft MCSE certification preferred
VMWare Experience a plus