Position: Tax Manager
Industry: Accounting Firm
Location: Towson, Maryland
Jones Networking is searching for an experienced Tax Manager to join a large CPA firm in Towson that provides free parking and excellent benefits.
Tax Manager Position Summary:
– Serve as the engagement manager on specific tax client accounts, taking responsibility for planning, execution, final deliverable and bills and collections.
– Review complex individual, partnership, S and C corporate tax returns.
– Develop a detailed tax engagement work plan, including budgets and timeline for delivery.
– Monitor project status against the budget and communicate schedule adjustments to management.
– Effectively analyze client transactions and unusual situations with a level of complexity in incorporating the tax effect of the transaction or situation.
– Maintain lines of communication with both staff and clients to address client concerns and identify opportunities to increase level and type of services.
– Work closely with clients and partners within our client-based approach to provide outstanding client service.
– Take responsibility for subordinates’ activities and charge ability, including effective delegation of work to staff.
– Develop subordinates’ technical and industry skills and encourage growth.
Tax Manager Qualifications Summary:
– BS/ BA Accounting; Masters in taxation preferred
– CPA required
– 6+ years with public accounting firm experience with tax focus
– Be a team player and willing to roll up your sleeves if needed
– Proactive problem solver with analytical skills
– Self-motivated with excellent follow through on assigned duties
– Sold communication skills
Send resumes with salary requirements.