Position Title: Trademark Specialist
Location: Alexandria, VA
Industry: Intellectual Property Law Firm
Status: Direct Hire, Full Time, 37.50 hours weekly, 9AM-5:30PM
Trademark Specialist Position Summary:
- Prepare and file U.S. and foreign Trademark applications as well as all related prosecution and maintenance filings, including; drafting responses to Office Actions and reviewing specimens of use for acceptability.
- Prepare and file assignment and change of name documents with USPTO.
- Assist with TTAB proceedings and trademark litigation, including drafting and filing of documents as well as maintaining pleadings, files and dockets.
- Assist with Trademark due diligence matters.
- Prepare and send correspondence to clients and foreign associates to include: instruction letters, reporting letters, estimates, and status reports.
- Maintain and update status reports for clients with large trademark portfolios.
- Review and oversee daily Trademark docket.
- Track attorney time, expense records, and process client billing.
- Schedule attorney meetings and travel arrangements.
Trademark Specialist Qualifications Summary:
- Minimum four years current Trademark prosecution experience in a Law Firm.
- Trademark litigation experience strongly desired.
- Copyright filing experience a plus.
- Experience with WorkSite / FileSite and/or IPDAS preferred.
- Experience with CPI docketing system an asset.
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills.
- Client and team-oriented, with great communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to type 50+ WPM.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education. Our client offers generous vacation and sick leave, paid maternity/paternity leave, life, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k plan, profit sharing plan and free parking.