Position Title: UI / UX Developer
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Department: Information Technology – Systems Integration Group
Status: Full time, Direct hire
The UI / UX Developer’s role is to develop, support and manage the custom applications and integration of applications across the organization. This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing application policies and procedures that ensure the integrity, quality and availability of capabilities and accompanying software.
- Develop and modify code to perform data extraction, manipulation and reporting to meet business requirements and goals.
- Work with project business owners to ensure that implementations meet business requirements for project completion.
- Maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to applications.
- Implement coding standards and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Monitor application system details, procedures and execution time, identify trends and implement efficiency improvements to optimize performance.
- Respond to and resolve performance issues.
- Test changes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Provide help in the software development lifecycle by developing plans, coding to standards and testing.
- Perform formal testing to ensure code integrity of software deployed from third party vendors as well as code custom developed within the organization.
- Provide guidance, training and mentoring for newly hired developers.
- Set expectations for delivery of code including testing and integration efforts.
- Protect the confidentiality and integrity of sensitive information.
- Assist with training the Help Desk and other support staff on the tools used for researching problems and issues with internal and third party software interfaces.
- Minimum of an Associates Degree in Computer Science or related technology field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong understanding of the Software Lifecycle.
- Minimum two years relative work experience as a UI/UX Developer/Designer.
- Ability to program in Java, XML, ASP.Net or other server-side cross-platform languages.
- Unix scripting experience preferred.
- Knowledge of database systems, data analytic techniques and/or or financial systems desired.
- Experience with user centered design principles and UX design best practices preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, to build strong working relationships and effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to write clear and concise requirements documentation and training materials, understanding user requirements, and implementing solutions.
This position requires U.S. citizenship and the ability to obtain a Federal Government Security Clearance. Our client will sponsor the clearance process for qualified applicants. All applicants must pass bondability requirements and will be subject to a credit history check in order to determine eligibility for employment. Our client maintains a drug free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing on selected applicants. Excellent benefits offered with eligibility on first day of employment. Competitive salary that is commensurate with years of experience, education and training.