Position Title: Vice President (VP) of Operations
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina (near Charlotte Douglas Airport)
Industry: Manufacturing and Textiles
– The primary responsibility will be to manage the effective delivery of manufactured products across product assembly, component sourcing, inventory management, quality control, field service and product engineering.
– Oversee and coordinate with areas outside direct control including Office Administration, Accounting, Product Development, Sales and Marketing, Distribution Management, and Human Resources.
– Responsible for working directly with current customers and future customers to ensure all projects are performed in timely and consistent manner.
– Coordinate with vendors to verify completion of projects and future projects.
– Utilize Lean Manufacturing principles throughout projects.
– Evaluate all new projects and determine the type of work system required.
– Manage programs, procedures and personnel involved with the scheduling and workflow.
– Communicate requirements to the assigned Engineer.
– Document and follow-up on all department processes in order to implement improvements.
– Utilize strong knowledge of Project Management Systems in order to provide smooth transitions from product to client.
– Bachelor’s Degree required.
– PMP highly preferred.
– Minimum 5-10 years progressively responsible production and manufacturing management experience.
– Engineering or engineering management experience is preferred.
– Field Service experience with a technical product preferred.
– Project Management in a manufacturing setting required.
– Heavy manufacturing and assembly background required.
– Knowledge and utilization of Lean Manufacturing principles.
– Strong background in coordinating work activities of various production.
– Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
– Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
– Professional verbal and written communication skills.
Salary and Benefits:
– Salary is commensurate with experience. Approximately 100,000-120,000/annually, depending on experience.
– Medical, Vision and Dental, PTO and Retirement Plan offered.
– Travel required.