Position Title: Workers’ Compensation Case Manager
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Industry: Law Firm
Reports To: Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Work Hours: 8:30AM-5:30PM
– Conduct client 30-day status telephone calls.
– Request and gathers medical records.
– Medically manage clients to ensure they are receiving the proper treatment, and refer to specialist if needed.
– Answer client questions and document treatment updates.
– Prepare all outgoing correspondence to clients, medical providers, adjusters, defense counsel etc.
– Submit bills, mileage, and prescription reimbursement forms to carrier or defense attorney for reimbursement.
– Meet with attorney to discuss files for review to ensure client contact, treatment, case status, and that file is progressing forward.
– Serve as liaison between clients, attorneys, and insurance companies.
– Document all appropriate activities performed in Needles.
– Prepare settlement disbursal for review and submission to Accounting.
– Input all values into value tab in Needles and keep current.
– Verify all client lien balances.
– Provide support to attorneys.
– Two-year degree and/or equivalent work experience.
– Four years of legal experience; Workers Compensation experience required.
– Demonstrated ability to work and communicate professionally, verbally, and in written form with clients.
– Ability to multi-task with high attention to detail.
– Proficient experience with MS Office products.
– Ability to prioritize job responsibilities to accommodate an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience and benefits are offered.