Position Title: Workers’ Compensation Case Manager / Paralegal
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Industry: Law Firm
Reports To: Workers’ Compensation Attorney
FLSA Class: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: 8:30AM-5:30PM
The Workers’ Compensation Case Manager / Paralegal will provide World Class Customer Service via telephone to all clients of the Firm by educating and guiding clients throughout the case process and ensuring they are receiving medical treatment on a regular basis. The Case Manager / Paralegal advises clients of possible problems with medical treatment, payment of temporary total disability benefits, authorization of recommended treatment, reimbursement of out of pocket mileage and prescription expense, etc. The Case Manager / Paralegal will place status update calls every thirty days unless the client requests more frequent contact. The Case Manager / Paralegal is also responsible for documenting all conversations with clients, adjusters, defense counsel, medical providers, etc. in Needles.
1. Conduct client 30-day status telephone calls.
2. Gather medical records periodically.
3. Process mail.
4. Scan medical records and mail into client files.
5. Answer client questions and document treatment updates.
6. Submit bills and mileage and prescription reimbursement forms to carrier or defense attorney for reimbursement.
7. Schedule second opinions when applicable.
8. Prepare valuation summaries.
9. Schedule mediation preparation conferences and mediations.
10. File preparation for mediations (organize files and request bills, liens, and medical records).
11. Prepare settlement memos and files for settlement.
12. Close files.
1. Provide back up coverage to Workers’ Compensation Intake Specialist.
2. Set up new files if necessary.
1. Education: AA degree or equivalent and relevant work experience.
2. 2+ years of legal experience preferably in Workers’ Compensation environment.
3. Strong desire to work with people.
4. Pleasant telephone voice and etiquette.
5. Attention to detail.
6. Ability to multi-task.
7. Ability to diffuse frustrated clients, recognize and offer problem resolution to irate clients.
8. Excellent listening skills and compassion.
9. Working knowledge of Needles’ system a plus.
10. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
Salary and Benefits:
– Competitive salary.
– Generous health benefits package.
– Life and disability insurance.
– 401(k) retirement plan.
– Company perks including yoga, gym membership, and more.