Workers’ Compensation Paralegal
Charlotte, North Carolina
Jones Networking is recruiting for a Workers’ Compensation Paralegal to join a Law Firm in Charlotte, NC.
Position Summary for the Workers’ Compensation Paralegal:
– Communicate with clients to obtain information for and in preparation of discovery & litigation.
– Oversee workers’ compensation attorneys’ calendars and manage scheduling order deadlines.
– Schedule depositions and other case related events.
– Hearing preparation – hearing pleadings, exhibits, coordinate witness interviews.
– Prepare mediation submissions.
– Assist attorney in preparing drafts of legal pleadings, discovery, and discovery responses.
– Prepare affidavits and organize exhibits.
Prepare index of unpaid medical bills &/or work with WC Case Manager in assisting with same.
– Request medical bills and medical records from medical providers as needed.
– Prepare summaries of medical records as needed.
– Review and evaluate incoming discovery and Rule 607 documentation.
– Assist attorneys in preparing settlement demand packages in preparation for mediation and for informal settlement negotiations.
– Review and organize client information and files.
– Assist attorney in drafting legal documents, completing forms, answering discovery requests, preparing for hearings & preparing responses to motions.
– Prepare files for hearings, subpoena witnesses, etc.
– Coordinate expert witnesses and investigators.
– Assist attorneys with legal research & preparing memorandums and briefs.
Qualifications Summary for the Workers’ Compensation Paralegal:
– Associate degree required; bachelor’s degree preferred
– Minimum of five years’ paralegal experience in a workers’ compensation law firm &/or insurance defense firm (plaintiff’s side experience is preferred but not required)
– Experience working on complex workers’ compensation claims
– Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Benefits Summary for the Workers’ Compensation Paralegal:
– Competitive salary
– Generous health benefits package
– Life and disability insurance