Position Title: Workers’ Compensation Paralegal
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Industry: Law Firm
Reports To: Workers’ Compensation Attorney
Work Hours: 8:30AM-5:00PM
The Workers’ Compensation Paralegal will provide outstanding customer service to all clients by educating and guiding them throughout the case process and ensuring they are receiving medical treatment on a regular basis. The Paralegal advises clients of possible problems with medical treatment, payment of temporary total disability benefits, authorization of recommended treatment, reimbursement of out of pocket mileage and prescription expense, etc. The Paralegal will place status update calls every thirty days unless the client requests more frequent contact. The Workers’ Compensation Paralegal is also responsible for documenting all conversations with clients, adjusters, defense counsel, medical providers, etc. in Needles.
– Conduct client status telephone calls.
– Gather medical records periodically.
– Process mail.
– Scan medical records and mail into client files.
– Answer client questions and document treatment updates.
– Submit bills and mileage and prescription reimbursement forms to carrier or defense attorney for reimbursement.
– Schedule second opinions when applicable.
– Prepare valuation summaries.
– Schedule mediation preparation conferences and mediations.
– File preparation for mediations (organize files and request bills, liens, and medical records).
– Prepare settlement memos and files for settlement.
– Close files.
– At least five years of workers’ compensation in a legal setting
– Both North Carolina and South Carolina experience is preferred
– Experience with Needles Case Management Software highly preferred
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Gmail
– Paralegal Certificate or Adjuster’s License highly preferred
– Professional appearance and demeanor
– Ability to organize, multitask, and work under pressure
– Ability to prioritize tasks according to importance
– Excellent talent for interacting with people in a positive and courteous manner
– Must be a team player
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Dependable, punctual, accurate
– Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Salary and Benefits:
– Approximately 35,000-45,000/annually, depending on experience
– Generous health benefits package
– Life and disability insurance
– 401(k) retirement plan